Fly Fishing – Fly Patterns
Traveling Sedge Pupa
Hook: 10-6 Nymph Thread: 6/0 Black Body: Brown seal fur Rib: Green super flossShellback: Pheasant tail fibersLegs: Ring-necked pheasant rump fibers blue/greenHead: Peacock herl
- Tie in superfloss at bend of hook for ribbing.
- Dub brown seal fur on to hook and wrap it half way up hook shank.
- Wrap superfloss forward over the body and tie off with thread.
- Tie in pheasant tail with tips pointing back.
- Dub seal fur another 1/4 way up hook shank, make the thorax slightly thicker than the body.
- Pull pheasant tail forward and tie off as wingcase.
- Tie in a few strands of ring-neck pheasant rump fibers on both sides for legs.
- Tie in 2 strands of peacock herl and make a 3 or 4 wraps to form head.
- Secure peacock herl with thread, trim excess peacock herl, whip finish, and head cement.