Fly Fishing – Fly Patterns
Hook: TMC 200R, Mustad 9671, sizes 16-10 Thread: 6/0 Brown Body: Brown medium swandaze Head: Dark brown or black seal fur picked out.
- Tie in brown swandaze at bend of hook. Don’t trim butt of swandaze close, instead trim it about 4/5 away from eye. And secure along shank. This way body will not be thicker at abdomen.
- Wrap swandaze forward to about 4/5 the way up the hook shank. Then secure with thread and trim.
- Dub black or dark brown seal on to thread and make a few wraps to form head.
- Whip finish and head cement.
- Use a bodkin to pull out fibers.