Fly Fishing – Fly Patterns
Hook: 8 to 2 Thread: 6/0 Black Tail: Mixed yellow and red saddle hackle fibers Body: Yellow or Red chenille Rib: Medium silver tinselHackle: Yellow and red saddleWing: White calftail.
- Tie in several yellow and red saddle hackle fibers at bend of hook for tail.
- Tie in flat silver tinsel.
- Tie in chenille.
- Wrap thread forward followed by chenille, secure chenille at eye of hook and trim.
- Wrap tinsel forward over chenille and secure with thread and trim.
- Tie in 1 red and 1 yellow saddle hackle, and make 2 or 3 wraps, secure with thread, and trim.
- Wrap back slightly with thread, while stroking the hackle back.
- Tie in white calftail over top of body for wing. Wing should extend beyond the body.
- Trim, whip finish, and head cement.