Fly Fishing – Fly Patterns
Hook: 10-6 Nymph Thread: 8/0 Olive Tail: Olive marabou w/ a few strands of pearl flashabou Body: Olive dazzle dubbing Rib: Gold flat silver tinselHead: Copper or gold bead head
- Slide bead head on to hook before placing in vice.
- Tie in marabou at bend of hook for tail. Tail should be about half the length of the shank of the hook.
- Tie in a few strands of flashabou on both sides of the marabou tail. Then trim to the same length as tail.
- Tie in flat tinsel.
- Dub the dazzle dubbing on to thread and wrap forward to the bead head.
- Whip finish and head cement.
- Pull out dubbing with a bodkin, make sure not to pull on the ribbing.