Fly Fishing – Fly Patterns
Hook: 14-10 Nymph Thread: 6/0 Black Tail: Pheasant tail fibers Body: Rabbit antron dubbing Ribbing: Copper wire Shellback: Pheasant tail fibers Thorax: Rabbit antron dubbing well picked out.
- Tie in pheasant tail fibers at bend of hook with several wraps of thread, and then pull butts back over tail and secure back with several more wraps of thread.
- Tie in copper wire ribbing.
- Dub antron dubbing on to thread and wrap forward about 3/4 the way up the hook shank.
- Pull pheasant tail over body and secure with thread, do not trim butts, they will be used for wingcase.
- Wrap copper wire over shellback and body and secure with thread and trim.
- Pull the pheasant tail butts back and secure back with several wraps of thread.
- Dub a generous amount of antron dubbing on to thread and wrap forward to eye. Make thorax thicker than abdomen.
- Pull pheasant tail butts over thorax and secure with thread.
- Trim, whip finish, and head cement.