Fly Fishing – Fly Patterns
Hook: 12-8 Mustad 9672 Thread: Black 6/0 Tail: Red sadle hackle fibers Body: Yellow goat dubbing Rib: Oval gold tinsel Hackle: Brown saddle hackleWing: Mallard Flank
- Tie in red hackle fibers at bend of hook, and trim off excess butts.
- Tie in oval gold ribbing
- Dub yellow goat dubbing on to your thread and wrap forward, leaving enough room at eye to tie in hackle and wing.
- Wrap oval gold rib over top of yellow goat body.
- Tie in brown saddle hackle, make 2 or 3 wraps, stroking the fibers back after each turn.
- Tie in mallard on top of fly, tips should extend past the body. Trim excess, whip finish, and head cement.