Fly Fishing – Fly Patterns
Hook: 14 – 8 Heavy wire curved shrimp Thread: 8/0 Olive Body: Olive seal w/ bright red seal in middle Shellback: Olive scud back Rib: Olive thread
- Tie thread on to look, and leave tag end of thread hanging out back (It will be used for ribbing)
- Tie in olive scud back.
- Dub olive seal on to tying thread and wrap it forward to just before middle of hook shank.
- Then dub a small amount of bright red seal on to thread and make 2 or 3 wraps.
- Dub more olive dubbing on to thread and wrap to the eye of the hook.
- Pull scud back over body and secure with thread.
- Wrap tag end of thread tightly over body and scud back in even segments.
- Secure tag end of thread with tying thread, trim, whip finish, and head cement.
- Use a bodkin to pull out dubbing for legs, be careful not to pull on the thread wraps.