Fly Fishing – Fly Patterns
Hook: Mustad 36890 size 4 to 1/0 Thread: 6/0 Fluorescent fire Orange Wing: White marabou, with silver flashabou and red krystal flash Hackle: Marabou fluff from the base of pink saddle hackle
- Wrap thread along hook shank to about half a centimeter behind eye of hook.
- Tie in 2 white marabou feathers extending back well past hook.
- Tie in several strands of silver flashabou out both sides and on top.
- Tie in several strands of red krystal flash on both sides and top.
- Strip fibers from the base of saddle hackle and tie in on top, bottom and both sides as a collar.
- Trim, whip finish, and head cement.