Fly Fishing – Fly Patterns
Hook: 14 to 10 Nymph Thread: 8/0 Black Body: Peacock Herl Wingcase: Mottled turkey or pheasant tail Legs: 1 olive goose biot out each side
- Tie in pheasant tail or mottled turkey at bend of hook with tips pointing back.
- Tie in 3 strands of peacock herl by their tips.
- Wrap peacock herl forward to just before eye of hook and secure with thread.
- Pull pheasant or turkey forward over the peacock herl and secure with thread and trim.
- Tie in 1 olive goose biot out each side as legs. Legs should extend the length of the body.
- Trim, whip finish, and head cement.