Fly Fishing – Fly Patterns
Hook: 12-8 Nymph Thread: 6/0 Black Body: Olive Seal fur. Rib: Copper wire Wingcase: Pheasant rump Thorax: Peacock herl Legs: Pheasant rump
- Wrap thread to bend of hook, and tie in copper wire.
- Dub seal fur on to thread and wrap 3/4 the way up the hook shank.
- Wrap the wire ribbing over the seal fur, secure with thread, and trim.
- Tie in pheasant rump for wingcase, with tips extending back over body. Tips will be tied underneath for tail. So before tieing in pheasant. Measure the pheasant rump along the hook shank. Legs should extend past hook point.
- Tie in 3 strands of peacock herl for thorax, wrap forward to just before eye of hook and tie off with thread, and trim excess peacock herl.
- Pull pheasant rump forward to form wingcase. Tie in with thread, and pull pheasant rump tips down and back for legs.
- Make a few extra wraps of thread to secure legs in this position.
- Whip finish and head cement.