Fly Fishing – Fly Patterns
Hook: 8-1/0 Thread: 6/0 Black Tail: Fl. Orange hackle fibers Body: Fl. Orange Hairline Dubbing Rib: Flat medium silver tinsel Wing: White calftailLegs: Fl. Orange hackle fibers.
- Tie in a clump of fl. orange saddle hackle at bend of hook for tail.
- Next, tie in your silver ribbing.
- Spin orange dubbing on to thread and wrap forward to just before eye of hook.
- Tie in some more orange hackle fibers underneath for legs. Legs should be approximately the same length as the tail.
- Use a hair stacker to even up the tips of a clump of calftail fibers.
- Remove any underfur and or any short hairs and tie in as wing. Wing should extend beyond the body.
- Trim, whip finish, and head cement.