Fly Fishing – Fly Patterns
Hook: 16 to 10 Tiemco 2302 Thread: 8/0 Black Tail: Pheasant tail Body: Pearl, medium, flat mylar wrap Rib: Copper wireWingcase: Same as bodyThorax: Peacock herlLegs: Pheasant tailHead: 1/8 Gold Bead (optional)
- Slide gold bead on to hook and make several wraps of thread behind bead to secure bead in place.
- Wrap thread to bend of hook and tie in several pheasant tail fibers, and trim the butts.
- Tie in mylar tinsel and copper wire.
- Wrap mylar forward along shank, half way up the hook shank and secure in place with thread.
- Wrap copper wire over body and secure with thread and trim.
- Tie in another piece of mylar on top, back over the body.
- Tie in 2 pieces of peacock herl and wrap forward to just before the bead.
- Tie in several pheasant tail fibers out either side of the thorax.
- Pull mylar forward over peacock herl and legs. Secure with thread and trim.
- Whip finish and head cement.