Fly Fishing – Fly Patterns
Larva Lace Scud
Hook: 14 to 10 Scud/Shrimp Thread: 8/0 Olive Underbody: Shades of tan and olive dubbingOverbody: Larva Lace, color to match underbodyLegs: Dubbing from underbody, pulled out
- Tie in larva lace at bend of hook.
- Spin dubbing on to thread and loosely wrap forward to eye of hook.
- Use a bodkin to pull down the dubbing to form legs. Be careful not to pull on any thread.
- Wrap larva lace forward, leaving small gaps in-between wraps. Pull dubbing out in-between wraps.
- Secure larva lace at eye of hook with thread, and trim..
- Whip finish and head cement.