Fly Fishing – Fly Patterns
Knouff Lake Special
Hook: 10-6, Long Shank Thread: 6/0 Black Tail: Golden Pheasant Tippets Body: Olive chenille tied thick Rib: Yellow flossHackle: Soft blue-gray pheasant rump tied sparse.
- Tie in golden pheasant tippets as tail at bend of hook and trim butts.
- Tie in your olive chenille and orange floss.
- Wrap thread forward, and then wrap the chenille forward tie in with thread, and trim. Leave a space about the size of the hook eye between the chenille and eye of hook.
- Wrap yellow ribbing forward over chenille, you should make approximately 3 or 4 wraps for smaller sizes,and for larger ones up to 5 or 6 wraps.
- Tie in a few strands of blue pheasant rump on top, bottom, and both sides.
- Trim, whip finish, and head cement.