Fly Fishing – Fly Patterns
Hook: 10-6 Nymph Thread: 6/0 Black Body: Medium or Light Olive dubbing. Thorax: Peacock herl Shellback: Green pheasant rumpLegs: Green pheasant rumpHead: Peacock herl
- Dub olive dubbing on to thread and wrap forward with a slight taper. Stop dubbing half way up hook shank.
- Tie in green pheasant with tips pointing over the back. Tips will be used for legs, so measure before tying in, legs should extend to the end of the body.
- Tie in 3 strands of peacock herl and wrap forward another 1/4 way up the hook shank. Tie off the peacock herl and trim.
- Pull the pheasant forward over the peacock herl and tie it in with thread. Pull tips from the wingcase down and pull them back, secure them in this position with a few wraps of thread.
- Tie in another strand of peacock herl and make a few wraps to form a head. Trim, whip finish, and head cement.