Fly Fishing – Fly Patterns
Hook: TMC 300, Mustad 79580, sizes 6-10 Thread: 6/0 Olive Tail: Dyed olive grizzly hackleBody: Olive and black variegated wool yarnLegs: Dyed olive grizzly hackleWing: Dyed olive grizzly hackleHead: Light olive chenille
- Tie in grizzly marabou at bend of hook for tail. Tail should be about half the length of the body.
- Dub wool yarn on to thread and wrap forward leaving enough room for the chenille head.
- Tie in more grizzly hackle out the top and bottom, both the wing and the legs should be about the same length as tail.
- Tie in olive chenille and make 1 or 2 wraps to form head, and then secure with thread.
- Trim, whip finish, and head cement.