Fly Fishing – Fly Patterns
Hook: 10-6 Nymph Thread: 6/0 Black Tail: Black MarabouBody: Green Crystal ChenilleHackle: Black saddle (long)
- Wrap thread to bend of hook, and tie in a short peice of marabou.
- Next, fold 2 black saddle hackle fibers and tie them in by their tips. Make sure they are facing the same way.
- Tie in crystal chenille.
- Wrap thread forward to eye of hook and then wrap chenille forward to eye of hook, secure with thread then trim.
- The next step is to wrap the saddle hackle forward. Wrap both pieces at the same time. The easiest way to do this is by placing the other end of the hackle fibers in hackle pliers to keep them flush. Then wrap the hackle forward. Stroking fibers back after each wrap.
- Tie off hackle at eye of hook, whip finish, and head cement.
- Lastly, stroke hackle fibers back.