Fly Fishing – Fly Patterns
Hook: 14-8 nymph Thread: 8/0 Black Tail: Pheasant rumpBody: Peacock herlWingcase: Pheasant rumpLegs: Pheasant rump
- Tie in pheasant rump at bend of hook for tail. Tail should be at least half the length of body.
- Tie in pheasant rump with tips extending back over tail for the wingcase. Tips of the wingcase will be used to form legs so measure before hand.
- Tie in peacock herl and wrap forward and tie off with thread just before the eye of the hook.
- Pull pheasant rump forward for wingcase and secure with thread.
- Pull pheasant rump down and back, and secure in position with several wraps of thread.
- Whip finish, and head cement.