Fly Fishing – Fly Patterns
Hook: 14-8 nymph Thread: 6/0 Black Tail: Pheasant tail fibersBody: Peacock or olive angel hairWingcase: Pheasant tail fibers
- Tie in pheasant tail fibers at bend of hook, pull butts back over tail and secure in place with thread.
- Cut about a 1 and a half inch clump of angel hair and spin it on to your thread and wrap forward towards eye of hook. You may have to add 1 or 2 other clumps as well.
- Pull pheasant tail fibers forward over angel hair and secure in place at eye of hook.
- Trim, whip finish, and head cement.
- Pull out angel hair with a bodkin to form legs, and then trim.