Fly Fishing – Fly Patterns
Doc Spratley (Thin)
Hook: 12-6 Streamer Thread: 6/0 Black Tail: Guinea (natural)Body: Green yarn (Thin) Wing: Pheasant tailThroat: Guinea (natural)Head: Peacock herlNote: Can be tied in black, green, or red.
- Tie in guinea fibers at bend of hook with several wraps of thread, and trim excess butts.
- Tie in flat medium silver tinsel, and yarn. Wrap yarn forward keeping the body thin. Tie off yarn, leaving enough room for head. Then wrap flat medium silver tinsel over the body and secure and trim.
- Tie in a clump of guinea fibers, with points extending back under the the body.
- Tie in pheasant tail with tips extending back to tail. Make your first few wraps of thread light to help the pheasant lay flat as possible.
- Lastly, tie in a strand of peacock herl for the head. Make several wraps. Tie off at eye of hook, trim, whip finish, and head cement.