Fly Fishing – Fly Patterns
Hook: 16-8 Tiemco TMC 2312 Emerger Thread: 8/0 Black Body: Black super flossRib: Thin silver, gold, or copper wire Thorax: 2 strands of Peacock herl Gills: 2 wraps of white ostrich herlNote: Can be tied in many colors such as black, olive, maroon, brown, lime, red, tan, and even orange.
- Tie in one strand of superfloss near the end of the hook, where the body of the fly should begin.
- Then tie in your thin wire ribbing.
- Wrap the superfloss along the shank of the hook. Make the wraps as tight as possible with a slight taper.
- Tie off superfloss, about 1/4 or less from the eye of the hook.
- Then wrap your silver wire over the superfloss, try to keep the space between wraps as even as possible.
- The next step is to tie in 1 or 2 strands of peacock herl. Make 2-3 turns and then tie off, leaving enough room for the gills.
- Tie in one strand of white ostrich herl, and make approximately 2 wraps for gills.
- Tie off the ostrich herl, trim, and whip finish.