Fly Fishing – Fly Patterns
Hook: 4 to 1/0 Gamakatzu Thread: 6/0 Fire Orange Tail: Pink MarabouBody: Wool yarn spun or chenille Eyes: Nickel plated, tungsten barbell eyes
- First, secure barbell eyes on to hook near the eye, by wrapping thread back and forth over the center of the eyes in a figure eight motion.
- Wrap thread, back to about half way down the hook shank and tie in marabou tail.
- Tie in a clump of wool yarn tightly and pull back with fingers, add another clump right up against the first clump, and continue adding until you have reached the eye of the hook. (wrapping around the barbell eyes)
- Trim yarn to shape of an egg.
- Whip finish, and head cement.