Fly Fishing – Fly Patterns
Hook: 14-10, 2X Thread: 8/0 red Tail: 2 short strands of red super flossBody: Red super floss or red acetate floss Rib: Silver wire or pearl flashabou Note: Most common color is red or maroon, but brown and even green larva can be found as well. So you may want to have a couple of these in different colors, just in case.
- Tie in 2 strands of superfloss at hook bend. Lay the superfloss in an X like fashion so that they will form a V.
- Trim the 2 strands, short.
- Tie in superfloss, keeping thread wraps tight and to a minimum to prevent bulk.
- Tie in thin silver wire for ribbing.
- Wrap superfloss forward tightly. Tie off the superfloss at the eye of the hook.
- Wrap silver wire forward, try to keep segmentation even between wraps. Tie in ribbing at eye of hook, trim excess, whip finish, and head cement.