Fly Fishing – Fly Patterns
Hook: 6 to 1/0 Thread: 6/0 black Tag: Medium flat silver tinselBody: Black floss Rib: Medium oval silver tinsel Hackle: Black spey hackleWing: 2 black saddle hackles
- Tie in flat silver tinsel on bend of hook, make 3 or 4 wraps, secure with thread and trim.
- Tie in oval rib and black floss.
- Wrap floss forward 1/2 way up hook shank and secure with thread but do not trim.
- Then wrap oval tinsel over floss and secure with thread at mid-point of hook shank, but do not trim.
- Tie in a black spey hackle by its tips.
- Wrap floss around spey hackle and secure with thread at eye of hook, and trim.
- Wrap oval tinsel over floss and around spey hackle and secure with thread and trim.
- Wrap the spey hackle forward, pulling fibers back after each stroke, secure with thread at eye of hook and trim.
- Tie in 2 black saddle hackles for wing, make sure dull sides are facing in.
- Form a neat head with thread, whip finish, and head cement.