Fly Fishing – Fly Patterns
Hook: 12-20 Light Wire, Dry Fly Thread: 6/0 black Tail: Black hackle fibersBody: Black rabbit fur Wings: Natural gray duck quill Hackle: Natural or dyed black hackle
- First, wrap thread to a little over 3/4 the way up the hook shank and tie in 2 gray duck quills standing straight up as wings.
- Wrap thread back to bend of hook, and tie in black hackle fibers for tail.
- Dub black rabbit fur on to thread and wrap forward 3/4 the way up the hook shank.
- Tie in 1 or 2 strands of black hackle fibers and wrap them forward and around duck quill to eye of hook.
- Secure with thread, whip finish, and head cement.