Fly Fishing – Fly Patterns
Hook: 10-6 Mustad 9672, front half bent up 45 degrees Thread: 6/0 black Tail: Black marabouBody: Black seal fur picked out Weight: Lead wire on front half Note: Can be tied in others colors such as olive, brown, and maroon.
- Place hook in vice, and bend the front half up 45 degrees.
- Wind lead wire on the front half of hook and secure in place with thread. Wrap thread back and forth over lead until it is no longer visible.
- Tie in marabou as tail at hook bend, tail should be about half the length of hook shank.
- Dub seal fur on to thread and wrap forward to eye of hook.
- Whip finish, and head cement.
- Use a bodkin to pull out seal fur.