Fly Fishing – Fly Patterns
Bead Head Mohair Leech
Hook: 10-6 nymph Thread: Olive 6/0 Tail: Olive marabou with a few strands of olive angel hairBody: Olive mohair Head: Copper Bead Head Note: Can be tied in many other colors as well. Including black, maroon, and brown.
- Before placing the fly on the vice, slide a bead head on to hook.
- Then, Tie in a clump of marabou at bend of hook. Tail should be about half the length of the hook shank.
- Next, tie in a few strands of angel hair on either side of the marabou.
- Wrap mohair along hook shank up to the bead head.
- Whip finish and head cement.
- Use a bodkin to pull out the mohair.