Fly Fishing – Fly Patterns
Hook: 14-8 Nymph or Streamer Thread: 8/0 black thread Tail: Red hackle fibers with 3 or 4 strands of peacock sword over top Body: Large, flat silver tinselRib: Medium oval silver tinselUnderwing: Red hackleWings: Peacock sword Note: Excellent attractor pattern for rainbows and cutthroat. Also a good Kokanee pattern.
- Tie in red hackle tips for tail. Then tie in 3 strands of peacock sword over top of the red hackle. Peacock and hackle should be same length.
- Tie in flat silver tinsel, and oval silver ribbing.
- Wrap flat tinsel forward to eye of hook, try and keep tinsel as flat and tight as possible.
- Then wrap the oval tinsel over the flat tinsel to add to the flies durability.
- Tie in red hackle tips along top of fly, extending back to end of tail.
- Tie in 5 or 6 strands of peacock sword over top of the red hackle.
- Trim, whip finish, and head cement.