Fly Fishing – Fly Patterns
Hook: 10-20 Light Wire, dry fly Thread: 8/0 black Tail: Brown and grizzly hackle fibers Body: Gray muskrat underfur Wings: Grizzly hen hackle tips Hackle: Brown and grizzly hackle, mixed
- Tie in mixed brown and grizzly hackle tips.
- Dub muskrat underfur on to thread and wrap 3/4 the way up the hook shank, with a taper.
- Tie in 2 grizzly hackle tips, standing straight up in a V.
- Tie in a brown and a grizzly hackle by their tips in front of the dubbing and wrap forward, and around the wings.
- Secure with thread, trim, and whip finish.