The Fraser Valley offer’s great opportunities for Winter Steelhead fishing in British Columbia. The Vedder and Chehalis River’s both enjoy excellent returns each winter. The Chehalis River Steelhead begin returning in late November, while the Vedder River Steelhead are more towards mid December. The Vedder River is our Trophy steelhead river in the Fraser Valley, 6 to 10,000 fish can be expected to return on an average year. Many Steelhead are caught each year in the 15 to 20 LB range, with an estimated average weight being 10 to 12 lb.
These fish have been known to perform spectacular jumps and runs in a quest to be free. This and their sheer beauty is why anglers from around the world converge on British Columbia each winter. We begin Guiding for Winter Steelhead in mid January and continue through until April. Peak season for these trophy fish is Feb 21, to May 15th, but can be caught anytime after the New Years. April and May are best for fly fishing as water temperatures become warmer.
STS Guiding Service offer’s fully guided trips on the Vedder and Chehalis River’s, we also provide instructional guide trips for those who just wish to learn when, where and how to fish these two quality fisheries. The Fraser Valley area offers good opportunities for local and visiting anglers to catch steelhead during winter and spring months. We offer several types of steelhead fishing adventures, whitewater rafting down a pristine canyon, hike and wade trips on the Vedder River and Jet boat trips on one of the more scenic rivers in the area.
Winter Steelhead Specials
- Includes all gear and instructional fishing with one of our very own expert steelhead anglers. Our expert guide will show you the tricks of the trade and how to hunt those elusive Steelhead down. This will be our 12th year offering one on one and small group steelhead instruction.
- Total cost is $375 for 2 anglers fishing 6 hours
Please e-mail or call us to join this trip.
- 2 night accommodations at Fraserview Anglers Retreat
- Continental Breakfast each morning
- Lunch each day of fishing
- All fishing tackle
- 1 day fishing Steelhead on the Vedder River (6 hours) Fly or conventional
- 1 day fishing Sturgeon on the Fraser river (6 hours)
- 2 persons $545.00 p/p 1 guide/boat on Vedder & Fraser 3 persons $445.00 p/p 1 guide/boat on Vedder & Fraser 4 persons $445.00 p/p 2 guides on Vedder, 1 guide/boat on Fraser
Call or e-mail us to book this great package special
If you encounter a problem or broken link, please contact the Webmaster.